It’s strange how a piece of music can set your thought wandering seemingly unconnected paths. I was listening to ‘Comfortably Numb’ when my mind went rambling into notions of age and of ageing. From that was borne a series of lines mostly silly which I tweeted. I’m carrying that a little further and dropping it here (some of it is too obscure for minds that are not quite as twisted as mine).
* Age is a number. It numbs you, not necessarily comfortably
* Used to be broad-chested. And then age and gravity did a down-shift
* When “letting your hair down” is no longer literal
* When “Who am I?” becomes literal and no longer indulgent philosophical introspection
* When you wish someone would invent a Google to find your glasses (your eyes lit up when Google Glass was announced but no, that wasn’t it)
* When “What Was It You Wanted” becomes your theme song
* When with each year you move further away from Douglas Adams’s answer to Life, The Universe and Everything Else
* When you get recognised by the back of your head
4 thoughts on “Age Is A Number”
Can’t help but agree with you, Santosh! You could also add a bit about bad backs and the food (and drinks) that you once loved, completely out of bounds to the list!
Glad you approve Rick 🙂